Identifiable personal information is collected when users voluntarily register with the Site or contact L'affaire via the Site in order to receive newsletters, new product launch information, special events information or to answer surveys, enter contests and receive notices of other promotional opportunities. L'affaire may also use the information you provide to create a personal customer profile in order to let you know of products, services or events that may be of special interest to you, or to communicate with you or to provide information relating to products we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize your experience.
Subject to the following paragraphs, L'affaire will neither disclose nor sell any information about you to a party unaffiliated or unrelated to L'affaire except (i) to comply with applicable laws, regulations, subpoenas or court orders or otherwise respond to government inquiries, (ii) protect the rights or property of L'affaire or its affiliated or related entities or (iii) if L'affaire reasonably believes that you have used information from the Site in order to commit unlawful acts or acts that may endanger the health and/or safety of the public or adversely affects the interest of L'affaire. L'affaire may appoint third party service providers to administer and/or operate certain functions or services relating to this Site or L'affaire 's operations and businesses, the proper performance of which may require a transfer of the information submitted by you. Any such transfer shall be under strict confidentiality and security obligations and for the sole purpose of the performance of those obligations. If you sign up to receive information from L'affaire but later decide that you no longer want to receive such information, you may contact L'affaire at any time to cancel any option.
WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will share your information only with carefully chosen third parties.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both our users and ourselves.
Any third party who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation. We may use service providers to help us run these site or services available on the sites, some of which may be based outside of India.
Some L'affaire webpages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the “Facebook” “Twitter” “Instagram” etc.). These third party providers may collect information about your visit to L'affaire websites on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform.
Cookies are pieces of information that any website may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. Cookies allow us, among other things, to store your preferences and settings for your next visit; enable you to sign-in; protect from fraud; and analyze how our website and online applications and services are performing. L'affaire's cookies may also evaluate your preferences and activity on the Site and allows L'affaire to make improvements to our Site.
Web browsers are generally set up to accept cookies; however, you may change the setting of your browser to refuse all cookies or to limit the same.
Protecting your information is of primary concern to L'affaire and L'affaire takes all possible steps to secure the same and hence, it collects the same on a secure server.
However, we may bring to your notice that notwithstanding the foregoing, no transmission of information over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure nor we make any such representation. It is possible that third parties, who are not under control of L'affaire, may be able to access or intercept transmissions unlawfully. While L'affaire will use all reasonable attempts to keep your information secure, we cannot absolutely guarantee that security. Thus, any information that you transmit to us is at your own risk.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 2.OWNERSHIP RIGHTS & USE OF SITE MATERIALS: Trademarks, logos and services marks displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of L'affaire, its licensors or content providers, or third parties. All of these trademarks, logos and service marks are the property of their respective owners. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the Site without the owner's prior written permission. L'affaire reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and its content. The Site and all of its content, including but not limited to text, designs, graphics, interfaces and code, and the selection and arrangement thereof, is protected as a compilation under the copyright laws of India, Pakistan and other countries. You shall not (a) modify the contents located on this Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use any such content for any public or commercial purpose; or (b) remove, obscure or otherwise deface proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices.
- 3.USER ACCOUNT: In order to access selected features of our Site, you may have to create an user account. You are not permitted to use another individual's account without permission. When creating your user account, you are under obligation to provide updated information, complete in all respect. If any information provided by you is found to be untrue or inaccurate or incomplete, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your membership and/or access to the Site without any notice. You shall be solely responsible for activity that is carried out through your account; hence, you should keep your username and password secure. In event of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account, you must notify L'affaire immediately. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and for any and all activities that are carried out through your account.
- USER MATERIAL: You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your name and any photographs and other material and content you post or submit or upload to the Site (the "User Material"). However, by submitting, posting and/or uploading User Material to the Site, you hereby grant to us a free of charge/royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, digitally perform, publicly perform and publicly display and otherwise exploit in any manner your User Material, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to or prior approval by you.
By submitting, posting or uploading User Material to the Site you represent and warrant that (a) no other party has any rights to the User Material or that you have all rights necessary to grant the rights granted hereunder, (b) the User Material is not subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any User Material, (c) your provision of the User Material to and through the Site, complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations; and (d) you hereby indemnify L'affaire for all claims resulting from the User Material you supply. You further irrevocably waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of the User Material that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
- 5.PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES: You shall not post, upload or transmit any material or content on or through the Site that:
- (i) gives rise to civil or criminal liability, encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence or otherwise violates any local, state or federal law; or that contains nudity, obscene gestures, obscene language, advertising for products, services or websites and/or contact information (i.e. phone numbers, addresses, URLs or email addresses); or
- (ii) Solicits, encourages, or promotes the use of illegal substances or activities; which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, derogatory, degrading, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, fraudulent or tortuous, vulgar, obscene, bigoted or hateful, intimidating, profane, scandalous, pornographic, indecent or otherwise objectionable; or
- (iii) is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other proprietary right, (unless you have secured all rights necessary to grant the rights granted hereunder); that expresses or implies that any statements made by you are endorsed by L'affaire; or
- (iv) Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others;
- LINKS: We may, for your convenience, provide you with links to other websites from the Site ("Linked Sites"). L'affaire is not responsible for the accuracy or availability of information provided by any Linked Site. Links to a Linked Site do not necessarily constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such Linked Site. L'affaire does not control and is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be cause by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on any Linked Site. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, ADVERTISING OR OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH LINKED SITE, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH LINKED SITE AND SUCH MATERIALS.
- 7.ACCURACY OF INFORMATION: L'affaire takes all possible steps to ensure the accuracy of the information included in this Site. However, L'affaire takes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content of this Site. Information provided on this Site is subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- 10.LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: In no event shall L'affaire or its affiliates or their respective officers, directors, employees, owners or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes, omissions or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our site, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our site, (iv) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our site by any third party, and/or (v) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of the site or of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via our site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not L'affaire is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
- 11.You specifically acknowledge that L'affaire shall not be liable for "user materials" or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- 15.NO WAIVER: The failure on the part of L'affaire to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any of L'affaire rights hereunder for past or future actions.
- 16.JURISDICTION: The substantive laws of India and the New Delhi shall govern any dispute over the content or use of this Site and the jurisdiction and venue of any such action shall be vested solely and exclusively in the courts located at New Delhi, India.